Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Eric, Holly, and Brittany heading home


HONOR - COURAGE - COMMITMENT

Grand Son Eric (our Marine) is heading home to Connecticut with Holly and Brittany is heading back to Troy, NY. We all went out to breakfast at Denny's then I drove them to Charleston International Airport. Our little car was filled with luggage so Bev had to stay home while I dropped them off.

We are so proud of our Marine and was excited to have our family together if only for a couple of days.

After I dropped them at the airport we relaxed around the camper to recuperate from the last couple of days.

I now know that Marine basic training is far more difficult than Army basic. Army basic was tough when I went through 50 years ago but what Eric went through was hell in comparison. Marines sure earn the right to be called Marines.

I was honored and humbled to be in the presence of all the Marines at Parris Island.

HONOR - COURAGE - COMMITMENT

No comments:

Post a Comment