Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Travel Day from Peace River To Orlando Thousand Trails

Today was a travel day from Peace River back to Thousand Trails Orlando which is actually in Clermont, FL.

It was a nice easy ride and took less than 2 hours including a gas stop at Pilot along the way. I try to get gas at Pilot or Flying J because I have a loyalty card that gives me a discount on gas. The weather was sunny and the scenery was great along Highway 27.

On the way here a truck passing in the opposite direction kicked up a stone that put a large chip in our windshield. That really ticks me off but what can you do, it happens. We have full glass coverage on our insurance so I called Safe Lite and set up an appointment for tomorrow. We have had Safe Lite fix chips and even replaced our windshield in the past. It's a jungle on the highways.

Great looking Chip on the windshield

At the campground while I was getting connected and set up Bev headed over to the activity center to check out the activities and the temperature of the pool and hot tub. Bev said the water is great and tomorrow she will hit the pool for water aerobics. She really gets involved in all the activities, Line Dancing, Bingo, etc. My main activity is bike riding, ice cream socials, and drinking beer however I plan on getting a Florida fishing license and hit Lake Hancock which the campground is on.

I like it here in Clermont, there is a lot of things going on and I get 4 G on my laptop air card. It is nice to have a fast Internet connection.

Tonight we will eat out at our favorite steak house Santa Fe Cattle Company which is just down the street from here. Did I mention we like to eat out.



No comments:

Post a Comment