Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Relaxing around the campground.

Today is a day of rest around the campground. Bev did her line dancing and I should be continuing with the wash/wax on the camper but I'm to lazy. I did spend a lot of time on the bike riding around the campground checking on all the big rigs. As I mentioned I have class A envy. It is quite enjoyable sitting on our patio. The temperature is 82 and sunny but there is a good breeze which keeps us very comfortable.

Today while I was sitting around I read the latest copy of the Gypsy Journal RV travel news paper which is published by Nick & Terry Russell every other month. The RV travel newspaper is about their travels and the sites they have seen RVing around the U.S.A. They cover the not so popular spots so we know what else is out there to see. I also follow Nicks blog daily to see what their up to. I find it enjoyable following the adventures of other campers and it gives us ideas of what to see and do. Check them out at http://gypsyjournalrv.com/ click on Nicks blog to follow their travels. Nick also posts Bad Nicks Blog which is not about camping but whatever is irking or interesting him at the time. I find it interesting and you should really check it out.

A couple of months ago we attended their rally in Celina, Oh and had a great time partying and attending the many seminars on the RV lifestyle. They are full time Rvers and it so happens that they are camped near us at Thousand Trails Orlando in their Winnebago Ultimate Advantage motorhome.

I also listened to "Living the RV Dream" pod cast today. The pod cast is like a weekly radio program on the Internet. They talk about what is going on in the RV community including what they are up to. You can listen to it at http://livingthervdream.podomatic.com/ I find this very enjoyable and I think you will too.

We like to see the sites but there are days we love just hanging around the camper chilling out.

In a couple of days we will be heading out to spend Christmas with our dear friends Don & Joni. We are lucky to have such good friends that didn't want us to spend Christmas alone. Thanks Don & Joni we really appreciate it.

We miss our family at home who will be spending Christmas this year without us. They are always on our mind and at least just a phone call or text away. Yes, we miss you too Ben, Holly, and Dave, Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment