Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh the weather is great in Florida

The last couple of days have been cold here in Wauchula, FL. The days have been in the 60s and the nights in the 30s but as is the case in Florida the great warm weather has returned. Today it is sunny and in the 70s, what a joy to ride the bike and just sit out on the patio. I am running the roof exhaust fan with all the vents open in the camper. It's nice to air the place out.

The Florida weather sure beats shoveling snow and chipping ice.

The campground is quite full with all the Snow Birds here but there is still room, although the remaining sites do not have full hookups. Everyday campers leave and more pour in. I enjoy being a watcher observing the fun some people have trying to get their big rigs backed in and hooked up.

The hot tub is being replaced at the campground and for the last week or so a crew has been trying to remove the old concrete one. Notice I say trying because it is like watching them try to kill an elephant with a fly swatter. Instead of using a pneumatic jack hammer they are using a small electric hammer drill and an electric concrete saw. They have been chipping away at it for over a week and the only thing they are accomplishing is disturbing everyone with the constant pounding of the hammer drill.

Oh the pain of it all.


Well they finally got a hole. Now we just need the new hot tub installed, not that I would use it but Bev may.


This past weekend we were thinking about attending the Florida RV Super Show at the Florida Fairgrounds in Tampa. A lot of the RVers in the campground went but as far as we got was thinking about it. I was thinking the last time I was in crowds of people I got sick and ended up in the Florida Hospital and I don't want to do that again. It would have been fun to attend but I'm glad I wasn't surrounded by throngs of people sneezing on me.

Bev got a couple of loads of laundry done while I did what I'm suppose to do. KEEP OUT OF HER WAY. Relax on our patio and ride my bike while she works - that's fair.

Hay, did you ever here of Marie and Frank Barone? It worked for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment