Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Back to Thousand Trails Orlando

Yup, were home at Thousand Trails Orlando. It was an easy trip, we headed south for 1/2 mile to Zolfo Springs where we picked up State Road 64 west and followed it to Highway 27 north. Highway 27 is a nice smooth multi-lane road which takes us all the way to Thousand Trails Blvd in Clermont, FL. There are a lot of traffic lights along the way but we still made good time. We made one stop for gas at Pilot and still arrived by 10:30 am.

At the registration office we picked our site from a map and was soon parked comfortably in our site. We slid out the two slides, connected the utilities, rolled out the awning, unpacked the folding bikes, and put the tarp on the ground. We are now home for the next 3 weeks.


Now that we are all set up my next task was the tradition of relaxing on the patio with a beer. Life is good when you have beer.


After I finished my traditional beer I road my bike up and down every road in the campground to check the place out. The place is pretty full with snow birds and there is every kind of camper ever made parked comfortably in their campsites. The weather is great here, it 83 degrees and clear with a gentle breeze that keeps us comfortable in the shade.

Of course Bev headed for the recreation center to connect with her old acquaintances from 3 weeks ago when we were here. Also there is a group of people that camped with us at Peace River that will be here with us in Clermont. It is a common practice for snow birds to go back and forth between T T Peace River and T T Orlando. Bev likes to hang out with her friends and get involved. Now me on the other hand, I do not socialize although I am friendly with my neighbors. Nobody runs up to me and gives me a hug like Bev gets. I guess that's what it's like to be a loaner.

Of course you know we will be eating out tonight. We plan on hitting our old stomping ground and favorite restaurant The Santa Fe Cattle Company for supper. It is less than a mile away and they have a great twofer meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment