Traveling in a Winnebago

Traveling in a Winnebago
Traveling in a Winnebago

Friday, January 6, 2012

It's Getting Warm Again.

The last few days it has been very cold here at Peace River and everybody has been hunkered down including us. It has been below freezing at night and our electric heater has been running non stop. Thank heaven for my electric blanket.

We finally got a reprieve with the temperature so yesterday I connected the water and sewer to the camper. It still wasn't balmy but warmer. Today it is 72 degrees and everyone in the campground is sitting on their patio enjoying the sun. I spent time on my bike riding around the campground and down the trail by the Peace River. I even stopped by the campground store for ice cream.

On the Peace River some water birds were enjoying lunch.


We have a nice site here, Bev is close to the activity center so she can line dance and hang out with her buds. I enjoy sitting on our patio under the trees with the Spanish Moss.


I spent the day fixing one of our day/night shades. They are a pain to fix because the string running through the shade has a complex path back and forth through the different sections. I have repaired them before by repairing the string but this time I have a repair kit with new string. Because of the valance it is tough to get the shade down and then reinstalled. I hate day/night shades especially since I very seldom use the day section, our windows are dark tinted. I would rather have just plain old pull shades and maybe someday I'll replace them.


Last night Bev played bingo while I stayed back at the camper watching TV. My back was sore from bending over the darn shade for so long. I didn't want to sit in those uncomfortable metal chairs.

My back feels great today so Bev and I will be heading for the entertainment tonight. They will be having karaoke and of course you know Bev will be line dancing to the music. I sing in the shower so I probably will not make a fool of myself singing to the group.

Tomorrow we will be up early (not to early) to head back to Cape Coral to spend the weekend with Don and Joni. Donnie will be doing Baby Back Ribs on the grill which is always a hit. We love spending time with them and of course Maggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment